Laura is passionate about textile design and has a wide range of experience in this field. She has a strong background in print and woven fabric design as well as sourcing and fine art textiles. She is available for consultancy, collaborations, specialist textile projects and commissions that require fabric printing, color matching or woven expertise.
- Laura has over nine years' design experience in the apparel industry with six and a half of those years experience as a textile designer, working for ICICLE a Chinese high-end sustainable fashion brand company in Shanghai, China, as well as a further three years technical experience assisting students, professors and textile professionals with their printed, knitted and woven projects at Rhode Island School of Design.
- She is an expert in pattern design (design in repeat and color reduction), with fine art skills in drawing, painting and photography. She paints and draws by hand then works further with photoshop, illustrator and Pointcarre textile software to prepare the designs for print sampling and production. Whether your prints are to be digitally printed, screen or roller printed, Laura can work with you to create artwork and final designs that not only match your own aesthetic requirements but also those for final production.
- Laura is skilled with researching and reporting on seasonal trends, working with design teams on seasonal mood boards and color palettes, fabric selection and fabric development direction. She can follow and assist you during the entire design process of your collection.
- She is experienced with working with the PLM system, managing color palettes for custom patterns and pantone colors. If you need guidance for color matching and lab dips, she can lend her knowledge and expertise to work with you to manage your custom colors and discuss any technical issues for production.
- She has woven design and technical expertise (floor loom, dobby and Jacquard). She can work with you to design custom woven fabrics using the Pointcarre software. She can create simulations and final CADs for sampling and production.
to discuss your project requirements.